Please join fellow parishioners in reading our 2022-2023 One Book, One Parish selection: A Simple Life-Changing Prayer: Discovering the Power of St. Ignatius Loyola's Examen, by Jim Manney.
Limited copies are still available in the parish office for a small donation, or order your own here >
- What is the Examen prayer?
Click here for a brief descriptive video >
- Discussion questions to help you unpack the book on your own are available here >
- Ways to Pray the Examen this Lent >
- A Time to Experience Emotion with Jesus
Jim Manney, in A Simple Life-Changing Prayer, encourages the reader to "become acquainted with your feelings" (p. 19). He states, "One way to pray the examen is to focus on one feeling you've had recently and ask God to show you what it means" (p. 20).
The following article by Gretchen Crowder considers emotions to be a sign of strength rather than a sign of weakness. The author suggests that Lent might be a good time to experience emotion with Jesus. Read more here >
- What is the role of emotions in the Examen prayer? Watch this short video addressing this topic >
- Questions about the One Book, One Parish program? Contact Marcia Leous at [email protected].