Gesu Parish, in University Heights, seeks a part-time Outreach Coordinator who will assist the Pastor and pastoral staff in carrying out the pastoral needs of the parish and has the responsibility to coordinate Parish outreach efforts responding to the gospel mandate to help the poor and disadvantaged.
● Performing all duties and obligations of a Gesu Pastoral Staff member
● Coordinating pastoral care efforts
o Coordinating pastoral care visits to parishioners in hospitals, nursing homes and residences as well as linking parishioners with parish and community resources
o Coordinating outreach to those in the parish and in the greater community
o Providing leadership and support for implementing Catholic Social teaching in our parish
o Organize monthly coffee and conversation
o Organize the semi annual Gonzaga luncheon
o Helping to organize Eucharistic visitors to the hospitalized and homebound
● Acting as staff resource to the Outreach Commission: guiding the Commission members in setting goals, assessing committees and projects, planning for new committees, and providing support needed for the many outreach committees and projects
● Preparing and managing the budget for this area of parish life in conjunction with the Budget and Project Oversight committee
● Organizing Gesu’s annual Service Day in December
● Organizing Gesu’s annual Fair Trade Festival
● Coordinating the parish trip to Honduras: recruiting and preparing volunteers, arranging for travel arrangements, assisting with the budget for these trips, leading and serving with the volunteers on the trips themselves
● Being the liaison between Gesu Parish and Honduran Children Rescue Fund (HCRF) by assisting with the annual trip to Honduras in the areas of faith formation and logistical support with the possibility of serving as a member of their board
● Representing Gesu, as needed and requested, on Diocesan and other eastside Catholic organizations
● Coordinating new parishioner welcoming including registering new parishioners; arranging contact with parish groups or ministries, if possible, following up with a welcome email and coordinating with the new parishioner welcoming volunteers
Education and Experience requirements
● Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community or willingness to function in a manner consistent with the mission of the Catholic Church. Should possess a working knowledge of the Catholic faith.
● High School graduate.
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Google suite
● Must have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
● Should have strong organizational skills.
● Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters.
● Needs to be available to provide support for evening and weekend programs on occasion.
● Should always present oneself in a professional manner as a representative of the parish.
● Compassion and ability to relate to a variety of people and situations.
Send cover letter and resumes to [email protected].