Dear Gesu Community,
We would like to invite you to participate in this year’s Virtual Angel Tree Project. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, signing up to participate looks a little different this year. You have two ways to help families and individuals with your generous support. Please see the two choices below.
We thank you in advance for your generosity and willingness to make a difference during this especially difficult year!
The Gesu Angel Tree Committee
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Visit SignUpGenius >
- Choose one or more organization families to purchase gifts for and then click on the button to sign up. Click Submit and Sign Up to complete the sign-up process.
- Important: If you are purchasing for one of La Sagrada Familia families, University Heights families, or Cleveland Heights families, the drop-off dates are December 12 (3:00-6:00 pm) & December 13 (8:30 am - 12:30 pm) in McAuley Hall. All other organization gifts can be dropped off in McAuley Hall December 19 (3:00-6:00 pm) & December 20 (8:30 am - 12:30 pm).
- Important: Gifts should be wrapped and labeled with the recipient's name and age. All the same family’s gifts should be placed in a box or gift bag/s with a tag stating organization and family#. If you don’t do this we will not know where to send it.
- If you have any questions, the contact information for each organization's Gesu liaison can be found at the SignUpGenius link above.
- Several local organizations that we have supported over the years are asking for direct donations via their websites, or a purchase of supplies for one of their locations.
- If you would prefer one of these options the information is listed below.
- If you decide to purchase supplies they can be dropped off at McAuley Hall the weekend of December 19-20 with a tag attached stating what organization they are for.
- The contact person for all of the organizations below is Deb Bruening, who can be reached at: [email protected] or (216) 702-5674.
- Every dollar donated generates four dollars in services to women in need.
- $500 sponsors prenatal care for one mom
- $400 provides internet access, e-mail and phone service for one month.
- $250 supplies us with 100 pregnancy test kits
- $100 supports one hour of counseling
- $50 toward client educational materials
- Gift cards: Office Max, Giant Eagle, Walmart, Target, Amazon
- Diapers-all sizes & Baby Wipes
- Gerber Gentle (this type of formula only please)
- $50.00 - could provide one night of housing for a pregnant mom
- $100.00 - could provide one carseat for a newborn baby
- $250.00 - could provide groceries for our home for 2 weeks
- $500.00 - could provides bus passes for 8 moms for a month
- $1,000.00 - could provide an 8-week parenting class for 12 moms
- $2,000.00 - could provide one month of rent and all utilities
Use SignUpGenius to sign up to purchase supplies or gift cards
L’Arche: www.larchecleveland.org >
$115,000 of renovation costs and a wheelchair van are needed for this organization that supports independent living for developmentally disabled adults. Online donation is preferred.
Christ Child: www.christchildsocietycleveland.org >
“My Stuff Bag” Virtual donation program has been established to help children in shelters. Often these children arrive with only the clothes on their back.