IDEAS TO INSPIRE, GUIDE & STRENGTHEN YOUR DOMESTIC CHURCH AT HOME
WEEK OF JULY 12
Guided Prayer at Mealtime
During this time, God is inviting all of us to strengthen our domestic churches. The prayer below is a simple, yet meaningful way to pray with your family during mealtimes that encourages you to relate this week's gospel reading to your own lives. Making a habit of praying as family is one of the most impactful ways to strengthen our faith. Dedicate one meal each week to praying together and start feeling your family grow closer to each other and to God.
GATHER: Begin simply by saying “Bless Us, O Lord!” and make the Sign of the Cross
LISTEN: Use a portion of the reading this week to read aloud.
Our Gospel for today is Matthew 13:1-9. Over the next few weeks, our Gospels are from Matthew, and he is using some great stories to teach his friends and us about the Kingdom of God. This week he talks about a farmer generously sowing seeds, and how they all fell in different places. Some grew well, the others…well, read the story and see what happened to those seeds! What kind of soil might we be? How can we help the seed of God’s Word grow?
Pause a little,
SHARE: Many of us have planted gardens, especially this year! Whether we plant vegetables or flowers, they all need the right things to grow. So, we carefully choose location, water and care. How do we take care of God’s life within and around us? We can be grateful for it, but it grows even more when we share it with others. Check your garden this week! And, if you can, share some of its growth with a neighbor or friend who could use some cheer!
PRAY FOR: After your sharing, consider all those you would want to remember in prayer today.
GIVE THANKS: Conclude with: "Bless Us, O Lord, and these your gifts which we are about to receive from your bounty through Christ our Lord. Amen."
Enjoy your meal!
Additional Ideas for This Week:
- Take the time to pray with us by using the Mass on our homepage.
- If you have special intentions that you would like to be included in our prayers, please email these to [email protected]. We will print out all of the submissions and have them in a basket beside the altar during our weekly recorded Masses. We feel it is important to be able to turn to your community in faith during the most troubling times. Since we cannot be together to do so, we hope this invitation assists you on your journey.
- Coloring Pages and Activities for Young Children
FREE CHILDREN'S LITURGY OF THE WORD
St. Mary's Press is offering you and your families free access to Kids’ Liturgy, their digitally-led Children's Liturgy of the Word program. Parents can log in using any internet-connected device and engage their children in the included children's songs, a gospel reading, an active reflection and prayer for a full liturgical experience. By presenting the Word in a format and language that children can understand, we can continue to strengthen their faith and enliven the whole church community – even as we are apart.
To access this free resource, please follow the instructions below:
1. Go to https://mlearn.smp.org
2. Copy/paste the following login information:
Username: [email protected]
* This is a universal login. Please DO NOT change the password!
You can also watch the free video walk-through of a Kids’ Liturgy session at the following link: https://vimeo.com/359125753.